Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Headed Home

We're driving home from Pittsburgh today, which means back to reality for a bit! We had a successful trip in Western PA, I think. The pooch was well taken care of, we met new babies, I had my best round of golf to date, and we had a nice chance to visit with Mike's parents. We're pretty exhausted, but it was hard to complain to anyone, what with most everyone in McKeesport being new parents!


One of my favorite moments of the weekend came on Friday, when we ordered take-out from Luciano's. I hadn't exercised on Friday (riding in a cart playing golf doesn't count), so I wanted something healthier than pizza or chicken parm. I went with the entree-sided house salad with grilled chicken on top. No one thought to tell me that in Western PA, those salads come standard with french fries on top. Yup, french fries. And since it was take-out, it was a whole 15 or 20 minutes before I opened up the container and could remove the fries... meaning the grease had soaked all through the lettuce. Can you tell me why one would put french fries on a salad??!!??


We didn't take a camera to the wedding, but I hope to snag some of the photos others took and post them up here. Mike did a fantastic job singing - I'm proud of him!


Wish us luck on I-70 today...

No comments: