Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

MIami

Good morning! I can't believe it's been five days since I posted! Where does the time go!?!

I meant to write on Sunday about the great "meet and greet" party that Melissa had for our American Odyssey relay team. Six of the 12 runners were there, and I think that's a great showing! I met a few people from the other van (Have I explained this? There are 12 of us on the team, two vans of six each. I know all but one person in my van.), and we talked about logistics and overall excitement.

Props to Mike for attending and watching the Final Four games in the background while we all talked running!

The work week has just flown by, except for the crazy traffic in the evenings. It's recess, people! Why is it taking me 50 minutes to drive .25 miles through the 9th street tunnel!!

And that brings me to today. Miami day! Not sure I've talked about this much, but Mike and I are joining three other couples in Miami tonight. This is the same group that we went to Vegas with a few years ago. Mike and the guys go to Vegas each year, but so far the girls have only gone once. We traveled to Nashville together in September for one of the couple's weddings, and the group (minus Mike and I) went to Tahoe over the inauguration.

It's one of the girl's birthdays today, and a big one -- 30! I think she's probably the last of the group to turn 30, and I can certainly support a big party for the day! So we're flying out this afternoon, and return on Monday.

Just don't bother yourself with the fact that it'll be over Easter weekend. And that we'll be in South Beach for Easter. I'm sure there are churches in South Beach, right?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Lots of churches in south beach! Have fun, and take lots of photos. Happy Easter!

Lauren said...

Um, I want you to let me know whether ANYONE in the group actually attends church on Easter Sunday, because I don't see it happening. But color me pleased if I'm proven wrong. :-) Have fun, and have a bunch of mojitos for me!!

Maureen said...

Ouch. A bit of a low blow, and kinda uncalled for.

Jenelle said...

I am SO envious I am crying in my diet coke. Literally. Have the BEST time and bring me back some Miami sand. Just kidding. Kind of :) As soon as you get back we need to make a plan to go!

Safe travels!

Lauren said...

I just meant you'd all be having too much fun! Seriously, have a great time-- you deserve some smiles and laughter after the last few weeks. Sorry if I came off as snarky.