Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

A change in plans

My March is turning out to be just as crazy busy as I had expected, but for all different reasons.

Well, for some different reasons, and some of the same reasons have been more hectic than I planned for.

(And you all know how I like to plan for things.)

The bad news first: I'm not doing the travel for the tax seminars. As you can imagine, I'm pretty pouty about this.

It's the right management decision, I know. There is sooooo much else going on. And while the seminars take a lot of juggling and people skills and time management, there are other projects going on at the same time that take the same, plus some.

Still, I'm pouty. This is my pet project. I thought it up, I envisioned it, I struggled through two years of seminars where only 4 people showed up and still convinced the higher ups that it was worth the budget.

This year, two of the seminars already have over 50 registrants. Two others have over 30, and the others all have more than 20.

So, it, like, worked.

But I'm not going to get to see them. Sad face.

Okay, enough poutiness. Raleigh's seminar was actually canceled (ok, so not all the seminars had high registration. Like, Raleigh, for example. Didn't have 50 people registered.). Which, in hindsight, was probably good. Because the office move, as anyone would have guessed, did NOT go smoothly.

No major disasters. Even though someone tore down our "No Parking" signs for the moving trucks, and even though that meant I stood in an empty parking space for 30 minutes until the moving truck arrived, ignoring all the people shouting mean things to me, and even though the computers took three days to set up instead of one and a half, and even though the elevator broke down and we had to devise a way to go through the construction on the floor above us and down a set of stairs to doors we needed to prop open for the day with file boxes, and even though the wrong printer/fax/copier was delivered, and even though it took two full days to set up the phone system, during which time you couldn't get through to the office number, and even though just as the tv-installer guys were about to install a tv we found out they just might hit a water pipe if they use a screw a half inch too long, and blah, blah, blah....

Even though all that, there were no disasters! Total and utter chaos, but no disasters!

I wouldn't exactly say we're settled in the new space, but it's gorgeous. It'll be awesome.

Instead of the seminars this coming week, I'm headed on another trip instead. Again, a good management decision, just kinda pouty!

So that's the update on the change of plans! If I were a really good poster, I would have pictures of the new space to post here! But I don't! Sorry!

In better news, Grandmom had a pacemaker put in on Monday. She bounced right back, and was at the Villa by Tuesday night. And in a great streak of luck, my Aunt Mary (my dad's aunt) moved in to a room directly across the hall from Grandmom on Wednesday!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, what a week you had! Sounds like a pain in the beeswax. So where are you going instead of your Tax-Seminar Tour of America?

V. said...

hey - just catching up on your blog now. sorry to hear about your grandmom, but sounds like she's on the mend. big hugs!