Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Going, going, and still going!

What a week! It had everything: family, exercise, work, more family, more exercise, lots of visiting and lots of friends.

I was in Salem, Massachusetts, and Portsmouth, New Hampshire, on Monday, then flew to Philly and stayed there until Thursday night. I was in Philly for a conference, manning an exhibit booth for work. Fortunately, there were three others from work there, so I wasn't tied to the booth the entire time. Instead, I got to have dinner with Aunt Jo and Aunt Rita on Tuesday and to the Please Touch Museum and dinner with Patricia and Samantha on Wednesday!

I can't believe I didn't bring my camera, especially for some shots of Samantha at the museum. Of course, Patricia did, so I'm not-so-patiently waiting for her to post them on Facebook. Hint. Hint.

A quick day at the office on Friday, and then lots of entertaining for the weekend!

Some more of my Texas work/ friends came into town and we had a carbo-loading dinner on Friday at my place. Carbo-loading because we rented bikes on Saturday morning and biked from Old Town to Mount Vernon, walked around Mount Vernon for a few hours, and then biked back to Old Town.

And because that wasn't quite exhausting enough, we ran in the Crystal City Twilight 5k on Saturday night.

The run started at 8 p.m., and it had begun to rain around 7:40 p.m. Just some drizzle for most of the race, but on the home stretch of the last mile, the thunder and lightning picked up. It really was quite amazing to see, because by that time it was getting really dark out.

Soaked from head to toe in sweat and rain drops, we all gathered back at the Ritz for post-race cocktails and snacks! (yes, I did say "the Ritz." Jealous? Then get friends like the Halls. :-) )



Needless to say, I think I was asleep last night before my head hit the pillow.

No comments: