Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Laptop

I am once again without a laptop.

I may or may not have... um... dropped it on the kitchen table.

But only, like, 8 inches! I swear! (In fact, the guy at the repair shop turned it all around and said, "I can't even tell which side you dropped it on." It was that light of a drop!)

Low and behold, though, laptops are not meant to be dropped, even 8 inches.

It's still going through some diagnostic tests, and I am not-so-patiently waiting to hear the damage.

I hate being without my laptop! It's got all my STUFF on it! It's got my favorite Web sites, my passwords, my music, my pictures!

Am I getting any sympathy here? Or are you so-called "friends" going to admonish me for dropping a brand, spankin' new laptop?

Because - sigh - I'm doing that enough for all of us.

:-(

2 comments:

V. said...

Don't worry. My work gave me a brand new laptop two years ago and within three weeks I spilled an entire water bottle on it and short circuited the damn thing. Yours will be fiiiiinnne!

V. said...

My work productivity has gone up since you haven't been blogging. Please ameliorate this situation, my boss can't get used to this!