Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Friday, November 7, 2008

It's my party...

After much fuss and discussion and complaining, I've got the birthday party planned!

(And even though this is very, very much a joint birthday party, let's just say, for the sake of ease in writing, that it's MY birthday party. Really, it means nothing. Clearly this is a birthday party for both of us - even though only one of us wants it - and both our opinions counted equally in the matter. Really.)

The party is at the house next week, and we did scale back from the full-on, invite all our relatives from afar idea that we had in the summer. (Sorry family. We'll see you at Thanksgiving and Christmas!) (Of course, you're all more than welcome. It just changed shape a bunch, so I didn't think you'd want to make the trip!)

So, at the house. I'll take full responsibility for the pouting, which led to the hiring of a caterer. About that, I'm psyched! As you all know, I tend to be a bit, um, well, obsessive.

And as much as I'd like to say that I would be calm and relaxed and cool and collected, I'd really just be worrying about whether anyone needed drinks, or if there was enough food, or whether people were eating, and goodness this is a lot of clean up...

It's going to be fabulous, and I am quite looking forward to it...to say the very least!

No comments: