Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Try to top this party!

There is no way the actual day that I turn 30 can top this past Saturday! What an incredible, incredible blast I had!

The party really started weeks ago, with many of you indulging my talking and talking and talking about it. Then last week with the blind wine tasting. Friday night I'm sure I bored Debbie and Keith to death over dinner. And those two also got the worst of it trying to distract me while the caterers were setting up and I was waiting for all the guests!

But I'll only bore YOU with an almost minute by minute of Saturday!

In the spirit of my "Not Too Early For Me" friends, I wanted to start the celebration with a birthday athletic event. So I signed Keith and I (poor Keith) up for a 10K on the Quantico Marine Corps Base.

We ran it in 55 minutes and four seconds, and our pace never went above an 8 minute 59 second mile! I think the average pace was just around 8 minutes and 43 seconds a mile.

Here's us after the race:


Home, gathered up Debbie and Melissa and we went for some primping. Nails, hair, and lots of Twilight talk (okay, okay, so Melissa has read Twilight!).

Meanwhile, Mike and Keith moved some furniture in preparation for the party (let's not anyone dwell on how much I felt like I was ordering Debbie and Keith around this weekend!). Not much later, the caterers arrived!

This was the nail-biting part when I was bouncing off the walls with nothing to do but sit and wait! In the meantime, the caterers got the house party-ready:

And the festivities began!

Me and Melissa

The food spread

Mike giving a party toast

Me and Kristi


Me, Debbie and Keith
The party was everything I wanted it to be! Just perfect! All our closest friends were able to join us, and my sister in law Kelly was even able to be there! The caterers were out of this world - so attentive and friendly and full of personality. The food was incredible, and the wine flowed and flowed and flowed!

The party ended around 11:45 p.m. or so, and the after-party began:

I don't remember the last time I saw 3 a.m., and heaven knows I don't remember much of what happened between midnight and stumbling to bed! I did open a few presents that our friends had brought, including this perfect jogging shirt from Jenelle:

There are a lot more photos in a slide show to the right of this post, so check them all out! Please comment if you were there!
Up (with a hang over!) by about 8:30 a.m., breakfast for everyone that stayed over, lots of rehashing our favorite parts! I am so, so incredibly happy with how the party turned out! It's exactly what I wanted!
This 30-thing is great!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

We had a great time at the party--and Miriel did, too!! Thanks so much for your hospitality. You've definitely convinced David and me to hire caterers next time we throw a shindig!

Rita said...

Love the pictures, love your attire, looks like everyone had a great time. I didn't know Kelly was up this weekend, wish she had called.

V. said...

"All our closest friends were able to join us, and my sister in law Kelly was even able to be there!"

Ahem.

Maureen said...

Except Vi! There was a huge, giant, gaping hole where Vi SHOULD have been at the party! Everyone had to walk around it, it was so large! So devestating, in fact, that I couldn't stand to remember it when I was doing the post!!!

Hope the flight back to Indonesia wasn't too bad!

Joe Bondi said...

I actually fell in it about 10 after 10. May have been as a result of one too many bourbon and gingers?

Great party Mo!

JB