Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wine tasting

Met Jenelle this afternoon at Food Matters for a Bordeaux wine tasting.

We had been once before to a tasting at Food Matters, and said afterwards that we'd make ourselves regular - we'd do one at least once every other month. Seven months later, this is the first we've made it back!

I wanted to go in the hopes of finding one little tid-bit of information on Bordeaux's. I know nothing. I was hoping for the piece of advice David had given me a while back on Pinot's ("If you don't recognize anything on the menu, buy the one from Willamette Valley, Or.").

Food Matters is very generous with their tastings, particularly with the food served.



(This was my first plate. And not my last.)

They do suggest an item of food with each wine, but it's all served at once, so we really just dug into all of it.

We were set up to taste 4 wines:

One white Bordeaux, two reds, and a white desert. We dove right into the tasting. Here's me trying to decide if I like the wine:



Okay, that's not really what I was deciding. I was actually contemplating how many bottles to buy.
I ended up with four bottles - two of the white, one of one of the reds, and the desert. Jenelle bought one of each of the whites. Here's our booty:


Such a large booty put me in a bit of a pinch, since we had walked to the tasting, about 30 minutes from my house. I hadn't counted on having to carry bottles for the walk back!
So we hopped on the bus instead. A quick trip down Duke Street for me, but a bit longer for Jenelle! Thanks for making the long trip, Jenelle!


3 comments:

Jenelle said...

So much fun! We really do need to make this a regular event. Before 7 months pass :) And I love love love your "thinking face."

Thanks for a fun day! Great friend and good wine always lift my mood. xoxoxo

Joe Bondi said...

Love a white bordeaux

Keith said...

I want to play! Do you have to be hoity toity DC socialites like you guys to be invited? I promise not to wear boots!