Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm not sure where the weekend went. And this week seems to be going even faster! It's a short week for me because tomorrow we head to our favorite vacation spot... Vegas! A short trip this time -- we have a 4 p.m. flight tomorrow and then a 6 a.m. flight on Monday. Is it bad that I'm already thinking I want to stay longer and we should have booked different flights?

I think this past weekend went so fast because it was so laid back. Wait, that doesn't make sense. But there wasn't much of an itinerary for the weekend, which lea to a lot of aimless and random stuff on my part, which led to, "where the heck did the time go?"

Dinner with Jenelle on Friday night, running in and out of the restaurant between storms. I saw Melis for lunch on Saturday and caught up on her Vermont marathon run (go Melissa!). We met at Anne Arundel Mills mall, so of course we had to go shopping after lunch. After tons of success at the first three stores we went into, we had to cut the trip short for fear of bankruptcy.

Then the cooking began. Not sure what got into me (and sorry for the shameless self-promotion here), but I made this incredible Mediterranean meal:



Babaganoush with grilled pita bread, Spice Rubbed Lamb and Chicken Pops, Grilled Hearts of Romaine, Grilled Scallion Skewers and Orange, Radish, and Mint Salad.
OMFG. If I do say so myself.
The pooches (we were watching Sadie) especially appreciated the lamb bones:

Sunday the kick continued, with salmon rubbed in garlic and fresh oregano, rosemary and sage, grilled asparagus and grilled onions.

Homemade pesto to toss with angle hair pasta, and, voila!

This week, though, has flown by for other reasons. Busy at work, a dog who's messed twice in the house, continued thunderstorms at night which might be the cause of said dog's unease, and packing for Vegas!!!
Thank goodness for the Vegas part.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay for grilled asparagus! Now I'm hungry. Good to see you Saturday -- thanks for making the drive. Have fun in Vegas.