Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Will it ever be about more than complaining?

(March 24)

So, there's going to be a time when I'm writing about -- thinking about -- onesies and nursery decor and maternity clothe shopping and snuggly soft things.

Right?

I mean, I wrote that as a declarative sentence, but I think I really mean it as a question. Because right now I am still solely and singly obsessed with food.

No, no, that's not true. I'm also obsessed with sleeping. I can't wait to get to bed every night. And I abhor waking up. I've started planning weekends around napping. I dream of falling asleep right here at my desk.

At least, I hope I'm dreaming, because it's possible this drool is real.

After bragging to Terry last night that I was eating really well (as in, copious amounts of food, although none of them particularly healthy, but HEY! I took and kept down a pre-natal vitamin the past two days, so that's something, right?) and only felt mildly hung over, I go and barf again this morning. No warning, no saliva down the back of the throat, just holy shit I hope I can get to the toilet before this come out of my mouth.

In other words, I'm not glowing.

Oh, and as an added bonus, the weekly email I get from a pregnancy site that tells you what's going on with the baby and that I usually look forward to brought the lovely news that not only is my uterus the size of a grapefruit right now (sexy and svelte, no?), but it compared the baby to a kumquat.

Those are downright fighting words. Who are you calling a kumquat? Do you know what a kumquat is? I didn't, I had to look it up on wikipedia (they could have just said it was the size of an olive, sheesh), but "kumquat" immediately congers to mind thoughts of hairy Lockness monster type monsters. 

Where are the cute onesies and soft and cuddly things in a kumquat?

3 comments:

Keith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Ha, here's something cute and cuddly in a "Kumquat"! www.kumquatbaby.com

Maureen said...

Love the website, Melissa!! I guess I'm not the only one that was affected by that comparison!