Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

How many blogs is too many blogs?

I haven't been posting as much as I would like up here, and you're probably tired of hearing me apologize for it!


I have been online. And I have been on blogs and Facebook and Twitter and LinkedIn and goodness, what else is out there? So while I haven't been on this blog, I have been on other blogs.


Doesn't really mean much to you though, huh?

I’m heading up a social media initiative at work, setting up groups for my association on Facebook and LinkedIn, Twitter accounts and a new blog.

I’ve got tons of help, and my colleagues are excited about it all, too. But it’s taking a lot of time to get them started, updating profiles and inviting people to join and welcoming people who join, etc., etc., etc.

Not that I’m complaining. It’s actually really fun. (Says the dork who on both Friday and Saturday nights is sitting on her couch with a glass of red wine, Gray’s Anatomy on the DVR, and laptop open. Okay, I am a dork, because nothing about that sentence sounds bad to me!)

So that’s what I’ve been up to. There seem to be so many ways to connect with people, but I still feel like I’m missing out on a lot with all of you! Like I’ve been busy with one thing or another, but still don’t have the time I want to spend on any of it! And I know I’m not alone in that feeling. I am positive I’m not alone in feeling like the time is going too quickly and like one day runs into the other and you haven’t made that phone call or returned that e-mail or made that visit you meant to.

For Pete’s sake, I still have a Christmas present sitting in my living room, waiting to be given to someone who lives 2 miles from me!!

So, indulge me. Just a little bit longer...

No comments: