Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Dog and the Gold Lion

[I started this post on Tuesday night and never finished it...  I think I fell asleep or just plain lost the energy! Posting today to bring you slightly up to speed... oh! and the "gold lion" in the title is a reference to the MGM Grand.]

We've gone from one end to the other with Goldie.

Literally.

I picked her up last night and she was so sad and so tired. The dog didn't want to eat. Clearly, she was sick.

We're also keeping her quarantined, so she looks at us like, "Why are you punishing me? I just feel so sick!" We pulled up the rug on the first level, so if we're down there, she can only be in the hallway. On the second floor, just the kitchen. And on the third floor, the bathroom. The doors are open, with just a gate or something, so she can see us. Still, she knows she's locked out.

And I'm joining her in her miserableness because now I'm not there. I can't believe I'm typing this, because I can't quite believe it's happening, but I'm in Las Vegas. I know it might not be unusual for people to cry on the plane leaving Las Vegas, but I'm not sure many people have cried on the plane going to Las Vegas.

It's Vi and Robin's bachelorette/ bachelor party, followed immediately by their wedding on Saturday. Mike sacrificed the trip and stayed home with Goldie, and I am miserable about leaving her, and burdening him with her care. I know he'll do great, I just feel bad dumping it all on him. I hope she pulls out of this quickly since we stopped the chemo.

No comments: