Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Sick as a Dog

That would be Goldie. Sick as a dog. And a little bit sicker.

I'll spare you the details and just tell you that after her seventh time vomiting yesterday, we took her to the doggie ER and admitted her overnight. She was so weak and dehydrated.

The oncologist doesn't work Monday's, and that's fine because we certainly wouldn't have been giving her any more chemo today (she had a treatment, which is three pills, on Friday and again on Sunday). I don't think lessening the dosage is an option here, in my non-medical degree opinion, because this reaction was so violent. Remember, our point here with this chemo was never for it to be curative. It was to give a better quality of life for longer. Vomiting is not a good quality of life.


I just got the call that they expect to release her around 4:30 today.

4 comments:

Jenelle said...

Oh Maureen. . . I am so sorry. I was afraid this was going to happen. Poor Goldie. Poor You. Sending you lots of love. xoxoxo

koberlander said...

A little less than an hour now before you can pick her up! :)

Rob said...

I'm so sad for Goldie

Lauren said...

I am so sorry, Maureen. This sucks.