Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Monday, September 1, 2008

A big Labor Day

Lots to report about this Labor Day!

We golfed this morning at Pohick Bay golf course, and I was really excited with how I played. I even kept score for the FIRST TIME EVER. That's how good - for me - I did! Shot a 120, which it totally laughable, but still great for me! I even pared one hole, without any foot wedges or anything!

The course was nice, but what was amazing were all the deer on the course. And not only were there tons of them, they would hang around and let us get so close!


Here's a perspective of how close we were standing to it:

And, another deer...Yesterday, Mike bought himself a charcoal grill, just 'cuz. (no comments here on why I had to beg and plead and whine to get a camera for the house, but he just got to buy a grill on a whim. Yup. I'm mum.)

So we stopped at Harris Teeter on the way home and picked up a big lunch to grill up. Here's a shot of the new grill (although I didn't think to take a picture until after we had taken the vegetables off):

And the delicious lunch we created for ourselves:


I'll give you one guess who had the cheese burger and corn, and who had the salmon with grilled tomatoes and onions, spinach and orange wedges. One guess.

I actually couldn't finish my meal, so I put a small piece of salmon, then the left over salad in Goldie's dish. The spinach was wilted with the heat of the tomatoes and onion, and tossed in balsamic vinegar. Goldie picked out the spinach and dumped it out of her bowl:

I guess she takes more after Mike than I realized!

And, finally, kudos to my other blog mates, for the big birthday bike ride today!

No comments: