Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wine and work


This photo is from the Vegas trip - the Wine Cellar at the Rio. But it just so happens to be exactly what I'm doing now. (the wine part, not the Vegas part)

It's almost 10 p.m. in Dallas and I got to a restaurant near my hotel about an hour ago, straight from the office. Hadn't eaten dinner. Had been at work since 8:30 a.m.

And the day pretty much rocked.

I know, I'm sick. I'm one of those horrible people who actually like working. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I like my job. But I suspect that if I didn't like my job, I'd just find one that I did like, and work really hard at that.

So now I'm at Truluck's, a steak and seafood restaurant that's across the street from the hotel I stay at. It's really good. And it has an EXTENSIVE wine list by the glass. We're talking, you can get Silver Oak by the glass. Or Rombauer, which is my favorite chardonnay. That just so happens to be what I'm drinking right now.
A shout-out to Mike, even though I know he never reads this blog. He really stepped up while I've been away, taking the dog to the vet and meeting a contractor at the house for a glass table-top I want made. If the laundry's done when I get home, I might just have a heart attack.

No comments: