Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dog smell

My dad was right.


Dog's smell.


Where he was wrong, was in considering this a large enough offense not to have one. I take the different track of trying to combat the smell as best I can.


The first summer we had Goldie, I actually gave her a bath every Saturday. Poor girl.


I've lessened up a bit on the baths (probably even more than I should), but I do try to keep the girl looking, smelling, and feeling good.


Also important to this story, many of you know she has life made. With four beds strategically positioned throughout the house, she never has to go far to get comfortable.


Over the weekend, it seemed like all of a sudden, all four beds got... old. And stinky.


And as some of you know about me, when I get an idea or a project in my head, I become a little obsessed about it. After the gym last night, I loaded Goldie in the car and headed to PetSmart.


I had very good reasons for taking Goldie with me.

1. She hadn't yet had a walk, and had been cooped in the house all day. The poor girl needed to see outside.

2. PetSmart is fun for dogs.

3. I was purchasing new beds, and she needed to try them out first. You don't buy a new mattress without laying on it, do you?


Here's what I forgot when I decided to take Goldie with me:

1. Besides the beds, I also needed to get dog food. Which comes in 50 pound bags.

2. Goldie is 80 pounds, and gets very, very excited in PetSmart.

3. I weigh a combined total of less than the dog food and Goldie, so trying to control both of them through the aisles of PetSmart... um, not so much.


After knocking over numerous displays, trying to bribe the dog by holding treats in my hands, and Goldie almost eating a cat, I made it out of PetSmart with the food and beds. (oh! Goldie did cooperate beautifully when it came to trying out the beds. She laid down on three of them for me so I could check out the size!)
We finally made it home, and Goldie now has all new beds, and I have a little less dog stink.


1 comment:

Joe Bondi said...

Dog owners tire of the dog smell. Dog lovers without dogs long for it.

JB