Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Socks

You thought I was making it up.

You thought I was exaggerating at the very least.

You didn't believe me when I said that Mike went through semesters at college without doing laundry - that he had enough clothes to last from Labor Day until Christmas, when he'd ship boxes home to his mom to clean.

You thought I was being harsh when I said the side effect of that little experiment is that the boy is now obsessive about having enough clean clothes - particularly underthings - at any given time.

You have no idea what I deal with.

I arrived home from Dallas at 9 p.m. on Wednesday night. Between that time and 9 p.m. last night, Mike said to me no fewer than 4 times, "I'm running out of socks."

This, my friends, is his sock drawer when he said it:

I can count AT LEAST 17 pairs of socks in this picture - and that's not taking into account there are probably a few underneath!

I don't even OWN 17 pairs of socks, let alone have them clean all at the same time, let alone think that over two weeks worth of socks is "running out"!

So now you have picture proof, people. I'm not making this stuff up.

1 comment:

Petroni said...

I still shake my head when I think about Mike sending boxes of laundry home from college for Barb to wash. We love you, Mike, but you're spoiled!!!

David is kind of the opposite on laundry. Back when he did his own, he used to save it all up until he had lots to do, and then wash it all. I tend to wash every week, no matter how much there is. I don't like it to get too overwhelming. He used to ask me why I did the laundry so often. I think I said something along the lines of, "If you want me to do the laundry, don't complain about how I do it."