Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Posting shouldn't be this hard

It's such a fine line, this posting thing. I had a pretty normal weekend. Sure, I did stuff - golfed, jogged twice, saw a friend's house for the first time, entertained my in-laws - but I didn't do anything earth shattering. How is one to know if she should post the mundane, or wait for a truly inspiring topic, like bugs in the attic or annoying plane seatmates, to post?

This weekend just kinda happened. I'm not sure you'd be entertained by the list of activities. I didn't even engage in truly remarkable debates where I can dazzle you with my intuitiveness. Case in point, when we met Sarah for a drink on Saturday afternoon (after seeing her wonderful new digs), she and Mike attempted to lay blame for and fix the financial crisis. She said - he said - she retorted - he rebutted.

Did I interject with my take? Witty retorts? Insightful solutions?

Nope. But I did finish the bottle of Pinot Noir we'd ordered.

The closest I came to true intellectual debate was an iPhone v. Blackberry discussion with David and Lauren on Sunday during the Steelers game. Which I didn't even stay up to finish watching. Coulda had something to do with the glass of wine and three sweet tea and vodkas before halftime.

Hmm, sounds like I did so something well this weekend. Maybe if I'd done a little less of that, I would have remembered a little more to post.

3 comments:

Keith said...

Sometimes the mundane can be the best of all. Time to just sit and enjoy the best company rather than the constant pressure of entertaining and wanting every minute to be as full as possible is nice. Gotta love high energy and activity, but mundane can be very nice.

Joe Bondi said...

Damn that Sarah. She practically convinced Jessica to vote for Obama at a lunch yesterday!

Can't wait to see the new place.

JB

Maureen said...

Sarah is hands down the best Democratic debater I've ever met - because you have no idea she's arguing the Democratic side! She's brillant!