Pages

"Summer" Continues

sum∙mer n. any period of growth, development, fulfillment, perfection, etc.

Read more about why The Anticipated Best Summer Ever hasn't ended.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Steelers

I don't think of myself as a high-maintenance person.


(I'll pause here a moment while all of you who disagree can laugh at me.)


I can shower and get dressed in under 15 minutes. My makeup routine is mascara and lip gloss. I don't dye my hair.

But my biggest maintenance issue is that I demand compliments. Mike hates this about me. He thinks compliments are a given, that he shouldn't have to say them. I think they should be given, and given just about every three minutes.


This morning, I got dressed. Mike comes out of the bathroom, stops in his tracks, and says, "whoa."


I think, "okay! This is what I'm talkin' about! I can't remember the last 'whoa' I got from him!"

He really should have stopped there. Because then he says:


"Those are the Steeler's colors."



I have on a black skirt and yellow sweater.



His face lights up, he smiles, and tells me I should save the outfit for game day.


Really? The "whoa" wasn't, "whoa you look hot." Or "whoa your beautiful." But, "whoa, you're wearing the Steeler's colors, and I love the Steelers."

Men.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Too bad it wasn't white and red, or are you saving that until the World Series starts?